Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tears, Exhaustion, Hump Day?

My day has been jam-packed, and it's only 2 PM. One of my pre-schoolers walked up to me today and said that the president was "Barack and Obama". And this is how it's been happening. I'll be wiping a nose, picking up a toy, helping someone "share", when all of a sudden I'll remember what happened last night. And I get teary-eyed and relive the moment and then wipe the salt away and keep moving, keep reading stories, keep cleaning, keep preventing this child from smacking that one on the head. That's how my day has been. Remembrance in snippets.

I had never heard of the phrase "Hump Day" until a few years ago, and I'll admit, I was very very confused about its meaning. But today is definetly a day of cresting the hill and hoping for a quick slide to the weekend. I'm tired. And I hate to write it because I think exhaustion can be passed on through words but it was a big Tuesday and now I want a smaller rest of the week.

No comments: