Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stick me with thy serum, for I cannot breathe...

I'm so unbelievably irritated and miserable.

My allergies are uncontrollable. My nose has been 97% blocked for about....two weeks. I've been living off of Zicam nasal spray, but its an ill replacement for what I know my body is capable of doing - that is, ridding itself of allergens and allowing air to circulate through my head. Plus nasal spray irritates my throat.

I've tried: antihistamines, herbal remedies, steaming, neti-pots, and my body doesn't care for any of it.

Next step - I'm trying to get to the doctor to see if I can get allergy shots. I've read up on the process and it seems to be a pain-in-the-ass, monthly shots for two to five years and such. But if it means my asthma goes away, and I won't die in my sleep from suffocation, than by all means. Bring it on. BRING IT ON!!!

1 comment:

Cole said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Ms. T McB. Hopefully the worst of it has passed.