Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Change in Location , Guilt, and Zicam

My bum is numb.

All right. So, inspired by many - family, friends, associates - I have decided to re-invigorate my bloggish meanderings by re-locating to this blogspot.com. I think I might access more people and it seems...might it be? That myspace is passing in the way of .... let's say autumn in Chicago. As in it is moving quickly...to the past. Behind us. Over there somewhere. Or perhaps under. My numb bum.

MY NUMB BUM! MY NUMB BUM!

I love to write. I really do. There should be no excuses. My mind tends to be cluttered with noise and I need to sort through it and tell people, hey - this is what I did today. And it was important.

Today I had pho with my man-friend. And iced French-pressed coffee. It was a very very settled, warm and satisfying forty minutes. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Also, I purchased Zicam nasal-spray with soothing aloe-vera and I kicked my sinus's ass. It was a goal of mine that I wanted to reach by Tuesday (because on Tuesdays I have yoga with Jessica. And Jessica does alternate nose-breathing. And my nose makes a noise like a cat.) So I'm happy that this goal was reached two days earlier.

Also - I want to think about the nature of guilt. As in why, when I'm performing mundane tasks, such as reading the Novemer issue of Maxim on the loo, why do I all of sudden feel very very guilty for no reason whatsoever? As if I've been sucked into a time-warp where I am re-visiting every embarrassing moment in my ever-expanding past? Guilty makes me feel a little bit sad. And a little bit sad is kind of like - a little bit not happy.

But the breathing through both nostrils? Novel, my friends. Novel.

No comments: