Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hey look, I did less!

Not much on this end of the port. Besides the uber-cold weather: last night hit 7 degrees. Brrr!!!

I've done a lot of organizing and cleaning in the past few days. I re-arranged my bookshelf, so now I have separate theatre, religion and philosophy, non-fiction, and fiction sections. I cannot wait to get new bookshelves when we move to a new apartment! Mine threaten to topple.

I also organized my office area, and combed through some old grad school/college files. I found some Shakespeare monologues that I can use sitting in a file from a class I took ten years ago! I also found a whole bunch of reference material that I've needed for rehearsal, and put them in easily accessible files next to my desk. I'm glad I saved these things. The majority of my work I'll never look at again, but every once in a while there's a xerox packet that is very, very useful. All in all though, I threw out a huge trash bag of stuff, plus some ratty old boxes, and created a "burn this" bag. I bet you're wondering what's in there....

First day back to work tomorrow. I wish I had a few more days. Mondays are my errand days, but unfortunately, my errands for tomorrow were starting to pile up, including appointments in three different areas of the city. So I adopted a "do less" approach and rescheduled one for Thursday. My motto stands as thus: I will not go to more than three places after work. That includes bank, rehearsal, groceries, whatever. I max out at three.

Here's a picture of Thanh and I with Santa Clause! We took it last night after seeing "Miracle on 34th Street." Thanh's wearing a new jacket that Santa Hulberg gave to him.


Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments: