Friday, November 27, 2009

Tanya's Favorite Things

Like Oprah Winfrey, I am going to give away my favorite things. Because they are free! I give them away with aplomb!!

Actually, what I'm going to do is post links to my favorite podcasts. I heart them enough to share them.

Radio Lab: It's like "This American Life" except for science. I warn you it's addictive.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/

Oh, and if you don't follow "This American Life":

http://www.thislife.org/

Also, Robert Ullrey does a great 5K training podcast for lemmings like me:

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/

And for Yoga, my current three favorites are Jason Crandell, Faith Hunter, and Elsie Escobar.

Jason (30 minute sessions tailored to specific muscle groups):
http://www.yogajournal.com/podcast/

Faith:
http://www.faithhunter.com/

Elsie:
http://elsieyogakula.wordpress.com/


You can also enter any of these names into the iTunes Store "Search" and they will pop up. These are podcasts I download on a weekly basis. The radio shows have really filled my life since I gave up cable, and have made cleaning my house much more enjoyable. The fitness podcasts have been a huge help since yoga classes and gym memberships are too expensive, plus it's like having a professional trainer come into your home.

Next blog: My Thanksgiving Reflections special! L.A. style...

No comments: