
Compartmentalize: to divide up into categories or components.
What I am bad at: compartmentalizing.
Why: I see the whole task as a huge mountain that must be moved and am immediately overwhelmed by the extreme need to take a nap.
The truth: I'm great at detail-oriented work, it just takes about four hours of freaking out and procrastinating before I can let go of my fears and break a task up into little task-ettes.
And so: I am writing this blog instead of reading a script because I am afraid that I am going to love the script and either a) not be cast, or 2) I'll be cast, but will be unable to work out the schedule and do the project.
Maybe my next blog will be about letting go of expectations. And being okay with accepting situations which won't be resolved in the immediate future, as in, tomorrow. And remembering that my job is fun.
Okay, now I'll read the script.
No comments:
Post a Comment