
Thanh - "Stop drinking out of the toilet bowl. People are going to think we don't teach you manners."
Also -
Me: You're so lucky I'm funny. What would you do if I wasn't funny?
Thanh: Then I would have to be the funny one.
Me: Yeah. And you're already under so much pressure at work.
Also - Yesterday I registered at the Welles Park fitness center! So excited to use a treadmill now that the weather is turning. I discovered that I can run longer on the treadmill because it's easier on my knees, which means that I can progress to the "Week 5: from Couch to 5K" training podcast that I follow. I'm very excited about this.
And - today Thanh and I walked around Andersonville, this being my second day off! We shopped for an early Christmas present (black scarf to replace one I just lost, plus some very cute fingerless gloves that convert to mittens). We ate at Urban Belly - which we weren't very impressed with in the end. It's basically a "fusion" Asian restaurant in which Americans get very excited about the novelty of Korean soup. So...I can do ramen and beef and kimchi at home. Although I admit, their squash dumplings were delicious.
Then we headed home so that I could install 2 gigs of RAM into my laptop. I got a small Phillips-head screwdriver from CVS Pharmacy, but unfortunately, it was too small to turn the too-tight screws on the Computer-Butt (that's what I call the underneath of the computer). I was as angry as McBrides get when they can't have something done right away, until we remembered that there is a Radio Shack literally around the corner from my house. After popping in to buy a electronics-repair kit with five choices of rubber-gripped screwdrivers (for seven bucks!), we successfully installed the RAM! I turned on the laptop and TA-DAH! Booted in less than a minute. I can run more than two programs at once. CRAZY TALK.
At the Radio Shack I also managed to get a good, inexpensive pair of ear-phones, seeing as I've broken....four pairs now? To be fair, three of them were Apple headphones and those are ridiculously fragile. My new Skull Candy earphones wrap around my ears so they won't fall outwhen I'm running or doing yoga. Also, (am I alone on this?), but I don't like headphones that block out peripheral noise. It makes me feel nervous, I want to be able to hear someone coming up behind me or calling my name. So I nix earbuds and prefer those that rest in the outer channel of my aurifices.
After we fixed the computer, Thanh got inspired, ran back to Radio Shack (Employee: "Man, you guys live close.") and got a wireless router. Previously Comcast had told us that we had to install a Comcast router only, and that installation cost 150 bucks. But we refused to believe this illegal poppycock, and now we have a lovely router hooked up so that we can use the laptop in the den and the bedroom.
It's been a good day...too good...I don't trust it....
No comments:
Post a Comment