Thursday, November 19, 2009

Let-down

Today at 3:05 PM I began my first three-day weekend I have had since the summertime. And the first day off in two months.

A couple of things are in effect right now - first is post-show let-down. Post-show let-down: that period of time after a show ends when one is left relieved, exhausted, and a little bit confused on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. I personally love this period of time. It's so quiet in contrast, and I love quiet. However, performers often get sick during this time, as if our bodies were steeling itself for ten weeks and then BOOM! every virus and bug being held behind the barriers are released into the bloodstream. True to form, last Saturday I began to feel a tickle in my throat, and now I have a head cold that's holding on for dear life. I hope that this weekend I can shake it. I don't want to bring a cold home for Thanksgiving (but don't worry! I won't be bringing home the swine!!)

I worked a sold-out show last night at The Metro, came home around 1 AM and collapsed into bed, woke up with a migraine on top of the cold, pushed through work, then drove home as fast as I could, popped a migraine med and some cough medicine and knocked out for four hours. I woke up in a daze and stared at the ceiling for a half-hour. Very confused. I'm still confused, and I think it's more than the side-effects of the pharmaceuticals. I think I'm confused because I have nothing scheduled for three days. There's no structure. No demands. I have no idea which room in the house to stand in, and so I've been wandering around like an idiot. I'm already starting to feel guilty for not doing anything, and I haven't even not done anything yet.

Well, here's one thing I can hopefully look into tomorrow. I've been dreading the coming of winter because it means running outside is nixed. Which means I need to run inside. But I cannot afford a gym membership (and after being spoiled by the free and amazing Ohio State gym, I refuse to shell out hundreds of dollars for what I'm sure I can find for a paltry sum and) YES! Welles Park Community Center has a really nice fitness room that I can use for five dollars a visit. BONUS! It's right across the street from my library. I can return my books, and then do some cardio.

By the way - the money I've saved this year by using the library is obscene. Which I am thankful for because as of a month ago I no longer work my third job at Coobah. Winter season means slow restaurant business means no need for a hostess, and so I was let go. Which reminds me, it's almost time to do my Thanksgiving blessings blog, but I will end this entry with a list that my pre-schoolers generated today. There are seven blessings, and they are:

1. The robot I got for my birthday.
2. Daddies
3. Mommies
4. God and heaven (totally unprompted).
5. The park.
6. Cousins (especially ones that come to birthday parties)
7. Being tucked into bed at night by mommies.

No comments: