Tuesday, August 3, 2010

ends today thinking....

"Everything is a step forward,"

and, "always thank your teachers,"

and, "Gee that wine was gooood."

I know you're awaiting video or our Hamilton House, or as I like to call it, "The HamHouse", or "HamHome."  It's coming.  I swear.  I've just been very very busy but this last Saturday I finally brushed the last coat of generic white paint upon the walls of my old apartment, put the keys on the kitchen counter, shed a few tears, and then drank a good cheap bottle of Cabernet from Trader Joe's. 

So while I hold you in suspense for pictures pictures pictures, a few things I love about The HamHouse.

Things Hamtastic:

1) The Black and Decker hand-vac I purchased.  How have I survived with so many pets for so long without this genius invention?   Floating fur-balls begone!!

2) The dishwasher.  It's been ten years.  TEN YEARS since I've had a working dishwasher.  Jesus.  Mary.  And Joseph.  Neither of these three had a dishwasher and their lives were HARD.

3) Our renovated basement-turned-family room-which we turned into a HUGE BEDROOM.  In other words, our "bedroom" has our bed, my leather el-shaped couch, Thanh's weight set + bench, and my stereo, and there's still room for me to roll out my yoga mat and downward dog my way to bliss.   We use the adjoining downstairs bedroom as a dressing room since it is conveniently attached to the walk-in closet and bathroom. 

4) Two bathrooms.  That means that if Thanh and I come home from a restaurant and we both have to go poopy, we can.  No shoving or pushing.  Just peace. 

5) Two floors.  So tonight, I come home late from rehearsal, and I have to prepare for a coaching session tomorrow.  Where or where should I rehearse my monologue if Thanh is sleeping?  Oh, well, I can do it in the office.  Or the guest bedroom.  Or the kitchen, with the rest of the Cabernet. 

6) The recycling bin.  Cause it's just good for the earth.  


Enough for now.  Must wander into the living-room and read some Shakespeare.  Video I SWEAR by next week I SWEAR. 

No comments: