Monday, February 15, 2010

Energy+Storyline=Emotion

One of my favorite "Learnins" from Buddhist nun Pema Chodron is about the nature of emotion. She teaches that an "emotion" is just energy with a storyline. Drop the storyline, and you still have that energy, which can be extremely useful.

Like logs being dropped in the fire, the wood disintegrates but the energy transforms and becomes of use.

I woke up with a migraine this morning. Scratch that, I went to bed with the migraine, and then woke up with it. Took a migraine pill which dissolved about 80 percent of the annoyance. I really didn't want to take another pill to get rid of the remaining 20 percent, so instead I attempted to take that energy and transform it. Really, my emotions were stoked and causing tension, so I took a yoga class to try and change the storyline. Use that energy and funnel it elsewhere. It worked, thank goodness. Nice to know that I didn't need to rely on that second helping of Relpax.

This week my acupuncturist taught me some Qi Gong that was really cool. Too bad I can't describe it in a blog, but if you ever have a chance to learn some Qi Gong, do it. I think I might look into a workshop. The picture I attached is of Qi Gong "chakras". I don't know what it means, but I like that it says "angry liver" and I think it's pretty.

1 comment:

Ercon said...

Love that concept that we can change the storyline via channeling our energy somewhere else. Very good wise grasshopper! :) Hmmm i'll have to channel the cupcake craving i developed today...