I am very excited because I have scheduled a headshot session for December 19th!
It's time for some new ones...I like my old ones, but I fear I might appear more conservative than I actually am, and the goal for photos is to have them reflect me as directly as possible.
I'm also excited because my friends Cole Simon and John Klein are going to take them. They are developing a headshot business to support their company, Glass City Films. John did a headshot session with Cole last week that looked amazing (kind of helps when you're a cinematographer and a director - they know their lighting and composition!), so I contacted them about doing a session with me. And it's a go! December 19th, in the wintery noon light. My only fear is that it might be really cold outside while we shoot!
I'm also bringing my friend Jen Brown on board - she is an amazing make-up artist that I worked with at The Metro. She will be in charge of making me photo-ready. This is her website with her gorgeous work: jenbrownmakeup.com.
Another possible opportunity: my friend Sean (director of The Fantasticks) is proposing a devised piece for Collaboraction's Sketchbook series. I will keep the details under wraps, but I hope the proposal goes through so that we can create a stunning performance event for the late spring. Kiana Harris is coming on board as collaborator as well! Let's cross our fingers and spit a couple of times so that this project will come through! (As in - any superstitious or physical action that will bring us good luck!)
I think what makes me happiest today is that I have such amazing and creative friends. Make-up artists, directors, choreographers, photographers; sometimes I can't believe that I know these people! It makes me happy to introduce people to each other and bring artists together; whether or not all the projects go through is up in the air, but these are connections that will keep us working for life! This is a business where it's a joy to work with friends. I told Sean this morning that I think it's our ability to be honest with each other, to tell each other our opinions and reactions without fear of judgment that makes the art good and watchable as opposed to pretentious or insufferable. Building honest creative partnerships are tricky waters to navigate, but well worth it. Let's hope that this coming year reflects our efforts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment