Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bit by bit

Nothing too creative, just some updates.

I was cast in the show I auditioned for (see previous blog): "The Rivals" - with Polarity Ensemble Theatre. I'm excited about working with this director, Laura Sturm, with whom I had a great experience in auditions. Also, I hope that it will be a good production; Polarity was voted as "Best Emerging Theatre Ensemble" by the Chicago Reader last year, and I hope that I will be working with strong, talented people.

Sent out three resumes for teaching-artist positions this week; will be hunting and sending out more as the weeks follow.

Cancelled my cable, cutting down my Comcast bill by sixty bucks. I figured that I can watch all my favorite shows online, and at Thanh's house. And at Emjoy's house, cause she's my bestie and she has a dog. I'm happy with shutting down the tube. With the surge of internet, it's pretty much useless.

Started going to the library - FINALLY they've improved their website and made it easier to hold and renew books online. I'm reading Stephen King's memoir/instructional gem "On Writing" and it's FANTASTIC for writers, AND actors as well. Many useful lessons on the importance of story and the value of cutting out the crap.

Still cold. Not as bad as two weeks ago. Fairy-tale powder snow, layered on top of old, dirty ice. I swear I saw a woolly mammoth in the snowdrift by my car the other day.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Cole said...

I loved reading about this! Kiana and I are moving to Chicago in September and I've been eager to see how you go about your work, finding it, doing it, etc. And Kiana heard great things about you from Mo.
Glad you're doing better. Hope to talk to you soon! Would love some advice, or even just some coffee during one of our trips.