Friday, April 2, 2010

Old bedsheets always come in handy.

Most of the time for lining kitty-carriers, or wrapping electronics when moving, or throwing on the couch for over-night guests. 

Today, I threw one in my camel-pack and headed to Winnemac Park to celebrate the advent of SPRING! 

Spring is such a special time in Chicago, especially when it's no joke, no more.  Two weeks ago it briefly warmed up for Brenda and David's visit to Chicago, then God snubbed his nose at us and plunged us into another week of bitter cold and wind.  Today, however, it is 80 DEGREES outside.  After spending the morning on Emjoy's couch watching Millionaire Matchmaker (don't judge), I hefted myself to my local park with a book, an old bedsheet and some dollars for the ice-cream man. 

Did I mention that I have two lovely parks near my home??  I work out at Chase Park, and yesterday I accidently arrived 30 minutes before the fitness room opened up.  Instead of getting angry at a wasted time, I realized that the sun was out and went and sat down on the grass.  Next to a dog.  I stared across the street at the stately library building and thought, "I like that building.  I use that building." 

I live in a beautiful neighborhood.  Where people bike, and walk their animals, and play ball.  I took a break while reading my book to look around at the beautiful brownstone houses, at the couple nearby having a picnic, at the leafless trees with their tiny buds bursting as fast as they can.  Then I finished my ice cream bar, propped my feet up on my bag, and took a nap.  It was great.  I should always live in a place where I can walk to the park.  Okay, you caught me.  I drove.  But only because I had to go to the pet-store to buy bunny food afterwards. 

Random fact: It costs 58 dollars to give a bunny anesthesia. 
Another random fact: My bunny likes to do back-flips off of exam tables and scream at vets.  You ever hear a bunny scream?

Happy Easter!!!

1 comment:

Ercon said...

Happy Easter! I agree... nothing beats being able to walk (ok, SHORT drive but having the option to walk) to a park by where u live. hope it stays warm...