Talk about a complete 180. From "The Fantasticks" to "punkplay" in one season. I'm so excited to be a part of this upcoming project produced by The Pavement Group at the Steppenwolf Garage Theatre. It's a great script; I'm going to play a twisted, yet visionary 15-year old (Asian girl) in the Reagan-era. Oh, and there's something about a bikini and a Ronald Reagan mask. And rollerskates. !! "punkplay" runs from February to April of 2010.
I had a great time auditioning for this show. Auditions are sometimes nerve-wrecking experiences, but the Pavement Group members were fantastic and I look forward to working with them. Also - the character description was "bad skin, wears too much make-up, greasy, yet deeply sexy." I love auditions where I can just slop on some eyeliner and not wash my hair. I did shower though.
Here's some brief info about the project. Happy Sunday!
http://www.pavementgroup.org/?page_id=27
http://www.steppenwolf.org/boxoffice/theatres/garage.aspx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment